Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
It’s been a couple of weeks since I participated in this meme. So, this one may be longer and slightly less focused than usual. You have been warned.
- Our Christmas tree is finally up and decorated! It looks fantastic thanks to my wife. She is soooo much better at decorating the tree than I am.
- I did, however, claim a section of three that is out of Shortcake’s reach to hang some of my genre-related ornaments. Nothing says the spirit of the Christmas season so much as having a random space-battle between a Borg cube and the Enterprise on your tree. I’ve also got an ornament that looks like the Fonz, ensuring that our tree is cool-a-mundo!
- I have a feeling that I will spend a lot of time between now and when the tree comes down saying, “No, no, Shortcake, don’t touch the tree/pull off that ornament/put that branch in your mouth.”
- I’ve been in kind of a book reading funk of late. I’m enjoying what I’m reading but nothing that has grabbed me and wouldn’t let go.
- I am going to try and follow my holiday tradition and listen to an audio version of A Christmas Carol.
- So, The Last Jedi starts next week and we’ve got plans to enjoy lunch and an afternoon showing next Friday. So, excited. Please, please let this movie not just be a retelling of The Empire Strikes Back.
- Attended my first barre exercise class with my wife the other day. Still feeling muscles where I didn’t know I had muscles.