Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is a weekly blogging event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. It allows book bloggers (and non-book bloggers) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise (i.e. share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things they’ve encountered during the week, etc.).
Saw this and thought I’d give it a try. Get ready for some totally random thoughts!
- Star Trek: Discovery finally debut this weekend and as a huge Star Trek fan, I am pretty excited. It’s been intriguing to see the backlash by critics who aren’t getting screener copies of the two-part premiere. Many are assuming it’s going to not be good and that CBS is hiding it from us. I just can’t help but wonder if Trek learned from the debut of Next Gen thirty years ago when “Encounter at Farpoint” got bashed by critics.
- Trying to decide where is the best spot to publish my thoughts on Discovery — here, my original series re-watch blog or both?
- Finally got to watch the second episode of The Orville. And I’m still on the fence. Feels like the MacFarlane type of jokes really take me out of the show. I wish the show would find a tone and stay with it. A much longer rambling on the second episode should see the light of day later today.
- Shortcake is figuring out this whole walking thing. And she loves it. I’m delighted for her but it’s bittersweet because my little girl is growing up too fast!
- Reading wise, I feel like I’m a bit of a slump. Lots of stuff I want to read but nothing that’s really grabbing me. New Stephen King book comes out next week, so that should help.
- My lovely wife and I celebrate six years of marriage this Sunday. Can’t believe she’s put up with me for as long as she has. I’m truly blessed.
- Spent some time this week out looking for rocks. The newest fad is creating, leaving and finding Kindness Rocks. What at first seemed like a low-tech take on Pokemon Go! instead, has a much kinder significance to it. I ramble on a bit about it on my Confessions of a First-Time Dad blog.
- Still sad my Vols lost to Florida last week. So very sad. Butch Jones is a nice guy, but I’m afraid he’s going to get fired.
So, that’s about it for this week. This was fun and I may have to add this to my regular rotation!