With only a few days left until Shortcake’s first Christmas, it’s time for the Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by the Broke and the Bookish). This week’s topic asks us what book-ish items we’d like to find under the tree. I’m breaking this down into a couple of books I’d like and some items I’d like to read and share with Shortcake.
- The Fifty Year Mission, Volumes 1 and 2. The oral history of Star Trek from the original series to the Kelvin films covers over 1,o00 pages and I’d love to have hardback copies on my shelf.
- These Are the Voyages, Volumes 1, 2 and 3. The Fifty Year Mission gives a great overview of the original series. These books take a look at the series episode by episode.
- Illustrated Harry Potter books. When it’s the appropriate time, I hope that Shortcake will like Harry Potter. I think these would be fun to read to her.
- Green Eggs and Ham and Other Servings of Dr. Seuss. I love reading to Shortcake but some of the good Seuss’s books are a bit of a challenge. This two-disc CD has some of the more tongue-twisting stories on it read by professional thespians. We checked this one out from the library and listened while riding in the car. She seemed to enjoy it.
- The Golden Book versions of the Star Wars saga. These look like a lot of fun to read with Shortcake.
- The Little Blue Truck. I love reading this board book to Shortcake. Part of it could be that it encourages the reader to make silly sounds while reading it.
- Corduroy. We checked this out of the library and enjoyed it. I’d love for Shortcake to have her own copy.
- DC Super Heroes Board Books. There are several books in this series that look like a lot of fun to read with Shortcake.