Looking back over the multitude of books I read, there were a couple that stood out to me for a variety of reasons.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee — I re-read it before Watchman hit the shelves and was struck again by just how awesome this book is.
- The Happy Hour Choir & Bittersweet Creek by Sally Kilpatrick — Even if I wasn’t friends with the author, these two books would be on “best of” list for the year. They’re outside my usual reading comfort zone, but they’re so well done with such engaging characters that I don’t feel too strange for loving them as much as I did.
- Scary Close by Donald Miller — Miller’s latest book about dropping the act and becoming really open with the people closest to us really struck a chord with me and is one that I’ve kept thinking about long after I finished it.
- A couple of Doctor Who Target audio books — Full Circle, Remembrance of the Daleks and The Ark in Space all took my on a trip down memory lane and each book was a much fun as I remember them being. Now if this audio range could see fit to give us Day of the Daleks, I’d appreciate it.
- Star Trek: New Frontier: The Returned by Peter David — I waited five years for the next New Frontier installment and then got three e-books that make up one larger story. And it was everything I love about this series and then some. And it left me panting for more! Mr. David, please give me more!