As we turn the calendar into July, I can’t help but wonder just where did the first half of 2015 go?!? It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating the New Year and now here we are with the year half gone.
This week’s subject is the top ten books we’ve read in 2015. Here’s my list.
Books I Re-Read:
1. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee — I re-read it in anticipation of the sequel coming out later this year. And this book is just as wonderful as it was the first couple of times I read it.
2. My Antonia by Willa Cather — Another re-read, but still a great book.
3. Doctor Who: Remembrance of the Daleks by Ben Aaronovich — I had more fun re-visiting this one on audio than I thought I would. Great story, great adaptation, great audio reading.
4. Prince of Fools by Mark Lawrence — I’ve seen so many people talking about Lawrence that I finally gave him a try. I am looking forward to more.
5. Single, Carefree, Mellow by Katherine Heiney — A great collection of short stories.
6. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins –– I have a feeling this one may be on a lot of top ten lists. It’s worthy of the buzz.
7. The Happy Hour Choir by Sally Kilpatrick — I admit I’m a bit biased because the author is a friend. But the book would be great even if I didn’t know Sally from back in the day.
8. Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli — Another book I think will be on a lot of top ten lists. And with good reason.
9. A House Divided by Robert Whitlow — Technically this one isn’t on shelves yet, but I got an ARC. Whitlow is one of my favorite writers and this one was fantastic.
10. The Sculptor by Scott McCloud — A graphic novel that will break your heart, make you think and truly touch you.
Honorable Mentions: Finder Keepers by Stephen King, I Am Princess X by Cherie Priest and Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson.