This week’s topic looks at the characters you’d like to check in with and see what happened to them after the final page was turned.
I may not get to ten this week, but here we go.
1. Miles Verkosigan — I love Lois McMaster Bujold’s space opera series and while I know the series isn’t necessarily finished, I still feel like it’s been a while since we had a book that focused solely on Miles.
2. Lynley and Havers — Again, a book series that isn’t necessarily finished but I always look forward to checking in with what Elizabeth George’s characters are up to with each new installment in the series.
3. Belulah Land — I recently read an ARC for a good friend’s first novel The Happy Hour Choir and enjoyed the characters and the world. Loved the characters of Belulah and would be happy to spend more time with her and the cast of characters around her.
4. Alexia Lindale — Or really any of the characters from Robert Whitlow’s early novels.
5. Melanie — One of last year’s great delights was The Girl With All the Gifts. The novel and universe is one I could see myself spending a bit more time with.
And that’s all I’ve got for this week. I’m sure I’ll think of ten more as soon as I step away and post this.