It’s Tuesday and time for the Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is our upcoming resolutions for the New Year, book related or not book related. I figured I’d break mine down into some book related resolutions and some non book related ones.
I will admit I couldn’t come up with ten resolutions, but I did come up with five thing I’d like to do in the upcoming year.
1. Whittle down the TBR pile a bit. My to-be-read pile seems to grow without my making a huge dent in it. I hope to whittle it down a bit this year and maybe knock off some of those books I’ve been meaning to read for a long time now. This includes those physical books that have piled up and those stacking up on the e-reader. And hopefully this will get my ratio on NetGalley up higher than it is currently.
2. Challenge myself more as a reader. Last year, I started off the year with the intention of trying to read something “literary” at least once a month. And while I had good intentions, that fell by the wayside as I got distracted by other books. I’d like to try and get back to the once a month (on average) reading of something that is a bit more challenging.
3. Make to a book club meeting. A local bookstore has started up a new classics book club and I’d like to try and make it to a meeting. I read the book for November’s meeting but didn’t quite make it to the meeting.
4. Watch more movies from the “1001 Movies You Should See In Your Lifetime.” A bout with strep throat and the TCM app got me started on this kick last summer. I’ve seen some of the films on the list and others are sitting on the DVR waiting for me to view them. Like reading, I feel like I want to stretch a bit with my cinematic viewing.
5. Lose Weight. Yes, it’s generic but I really do need to lose some weight. More portion control and making sure I’m making better eating choices is a good start. Plus I know it will benefit my health in the short and long term.
Happy New Year!