The 42 Challenge for 2009
Your mission–if you choose to accept it–is to read, watch, listen, and review 42 sci-fi related items. (Items isn’t the best word, but how else would you define all that this challenge could involve). What’s acceptable? Practically everything: short stories, poetry (???), novellas, novels, episodes of TV shows, episodes of radio shows, movies, comic books, graphic novels, audio books, essays or articles about science fiction or science fiction writers, biographies of science fiction authors. This isn’t quite as intimidating as it sounds. This is much more than a reading challenge. It would be intimidating (in all likelihood) to try to read that many books. But when you make each short story, each TV show episode count as individual items, then it is much more manageable I hope! (This challenge could be as easy as watching Season 1 and Season 2 of Stargate SG-1, for example.)
To Be Read Challenge 2009
To remind you of the rules:
* the challenge is to read 12 TBR books in 12 months — you can read those all in one month if you want, or one a month, or however you wanna do it.
* you need to have a list posted somewhere for others to see (even if it’s in a comment here)
* you CANNOT change your list after January 1st, 2009!!!
* you can create an Alternates list of MAXIMUM 12 books, if you want, in order to have options to choose from (you can read these in place of books on your original list).
* audiobooks and e-books ARE allowed
* re-reads are NOT allowed, as they aren’t TRUE “TBRs”
* you CAN overlap with other challenges
* OPTIONAL: you can join the Yahoo! Group created for participants of the TBR Challenge, if you want to have a place to keep your list, or just to share with others about how you’re doing! :)
A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
In the Woods by Tania French
Small Gods by Terry Pratchett
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Presumed Guilty by James Scott Bell
Mission Canyon by Meg Gardiner
Have Spacesuit, Will Travel by Robert A. Heinlein
Saturn’s Children by Charles Stross
Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larson
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Rebecca by Daphne DuMaur
Series Challenge III
The challenge starts December 1st, 2008 and goes until November 30th, 2009.
The rules are easy:
1) Pick a couple series you already started and now want to finish (meaning, you’ll be all up to date with the series when it ends).
2) Read at least 4 books, more are also okay, of course!
3) Post your review of the books on your blog or in the comment section, no matter how long. If you post the review on your blog, please post a link to the review in the comment section so that everyone else can check out your review.
4) Have fun!
Star Trek: Destiny novels
Codex Alera by Jim Butcher
The Tales of Alvin Maker by Orson Scott Card
Evan Delaney mysteries by Meg Gardiner
The City of Ember series
Percy Jackson & the Olympians by Rick Riordan